Shil is a Perth based speaker coach, speaker, MC and storyteller. He is also the first speaker coach in Perth to introduce Virtual Reality as a groundbreaking tool to develop your presentation skills.
Public Speaking has always been Shil’s greatest fear – so he knows exactly what it feels like when your body goes numb, your heart starts racing and your mind goes into overdrive! Despite living with a stutter, Shil trained himself to become a professional speaker and developed an intimate understanding of how to harness and control the fear of speaking.
Shil works with entrepreneurs, start up ventures, SME and ASX listed companies in Australia and Internationally and has presented or coached across most industries.
In 2021, SHIL – an award winning short film documentary on Shil’s life, was released globally.
Shil is a Board Member for Guerrilla Establishment, an Industry Expert for WA Leaders, a public speaking specialist for Modern People, a presentation mentor for Impact100 WA and the head of speaking coaching for TEDxPerth.
Shil is the Head of speaker coaching for TEDxPerth.
Working alongside Local and International coaches, the team work with speakers in delivering some of the amazing TED talks you see online.
WHAT MAKES SHIL TICK?
- Shil was born in Kenya and speaks fluent Swahilli
- He was stalked by lions on a safari!
- The gym is his place of zen – his second home!
- He loves football and is a massive Manchester United supporter
- His favourite music acts are Plump DJs and Stanton Warriors
- Shil loves animals – he once had 10 dogs, a tortoise, fish, lizards and a bird
- Alex Ferguson – My Autobiography
- Matt Church – The Thought Leaders Practice
- Matt Church – Speakership
- Sun Tzu – The Art of War
- Miguel Ruiz – The Four Agreements
- Philippe Auclair – Cantona: The Rebel Who Would Be King
- Chris J. Anderson – TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking
- Simon Montefiore – Speeches That Changed the World